1-DAY RUNNING CLINIC
Pose Method® Educational Course
Pose Method Running Clinics are open to everyone. Runners and athletes of all levels and backgrounds, teens and recreational runners – all are welcome!
To sign up, click on the date/location and select 1-Day Running Clinic ‘registration package’ below.
The information presented during the clinic is designed to teach anyone how to run faster, avoid common injuries and even how to teach others! Participants will learn how to do video analysis and running technique assessment to analyze running gait.
Participants will also be introduced to a scientific concept at the foundation of better movement and will be taught how to use corrective technique drills and running specific strength exercises to improve their running technique, increase speed and develop endurance.
The default language is English. In some countries a translator is provided. Lecture and small-group practical sessions are translated in real time.
Certificate of Attendance is sent by email within 1 week after course completion to the email address used for registration.
Upon completion of this clinic participants will be able to:
- Operate with a clear framework for running movement
- Identify the invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Use drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Use running specific strength conditioning exercises
- Use Pose Running technique cues to correct technique during running
Instructional methods include lecture, video analysis, multimedia presentation, Q & A sessions throughout the course.
The practical portion will include active participation to experience corrective drills and exercises, development of running skill and understanding of it, in order to demonstrate competence in course material. A multi-page PDF file will be provided as part of the course registration package. Options for obtaining further educational and training videos, books, instructional booklets and continuing education and training will be presented and discussed.
RECOMMENDED STUDY MATERIALS
To study and prepare for the live seminar all candidates are recommended to review the following material prior to attending. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject and a better time at the seminar. These study materials are sold/offered separately.
- Running Revolution (book) To get started with the Pose Method it is highly recommended to get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Running Revolution by Dr. Romanov, an essential guide for all runners seeking to go faster and farther without injury.
- Beginner’s Guide (video guide) This package was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
- Articles (library) Covering a wide range of topics, these short and easy to read articles will help you build the appropriate foundation.
- POSEtv (videos) A list of videos to get your started with the Pose Method.
This is a typical daily schedule of a standard 1-Day Running Clinic. Times are subject to change, number of hours will remain the same.
Daily Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Lunch Break: 11 AM – 12 NOON
08:00-08:30 Introduction and historical foundation of running
08:30-09:00 Basic mechanics
09:00-09:30 Technique, teaching and drills introduction
09:30-10:00 Pre intervention video recording
10:00-11:00 First practical session, running specific strength exercises, corrective drills
11:00-12:00 Lunch break
12:00-01:00 Media timeout & video analysis introduction
01:00-01:30 Training and athletic footwear
01:30-04:00 Second practical session – Pose Method technique specific drills
04:00-05:00 Concepts, practical application and instruction discussion. FAQs.
1-Day Seminars – Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Children age 12 and under participate FREE. Use code ‘MYKID’ to sign up your child.
Contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time.
- If you need to cancel please contact us at least 45 days before the scheduled event to receive a full refund
- The registration may also be transferred to the same course scheduled for another date and/or location per your written request.
- ‘No-shows’ – no refunds.
Last update: May 22, 2020