POSE METHOD® OF RUNNING
Pose Method® Educational Course | Level 1
THE POSE METHOD: A STANDARDIZED APPROACH TO RUNNING & INJURY PREVENTION
This 2-day seminar is designed to teach athletes, runners as well as sports and health professionals the biomechanically correct running technique, and how to use video analysis and running technique assessment tools to analyze running gait and identify errors in movement that produce inefficient technique and lead to overuse injuries.
During this immersive educational seminar participants will learn how to increase speed and endurance, how to prevent running related injuries and remain injury free.
Everyone is welcome to participate! Whether it’s for your own benefit or to help others.
Upon completion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Operate with a clear framework for running movement
- Identify the invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Demonstrate drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Use running specific strength conditioning exercises
- Teach running technique in individual and group settings, training sessions and in preparation for endurance events
- Conduct video analysis of the running gait and identify technique errors
- Explain common injuries associated with poor running technique and address those injuries by correcting technique errors
- Work with athletes or clients by evaluating their technique and providing instruction to improve their speed
Instructional methods include lecture, video analysis, multimedia presentation, Q & A sessions throughout the course.
The practical portion will include active participation to experience corrective drills and exercises, development of running skill and understanding of it, in order to demonstrate competence in course material. A multi-page PDF file will be provided as part of the course registration package. Options for obtaining further educational and training videos, books, instructional booklets and continuing education and training will be presented and discussed.
RECOMMENDED STUDY MATERIALS
To study and prepare for the live seminar all candidates are recommended to review the following material prior to attending. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject and a better time at the seminar. These study materials are sold/offered separately.
- Running Revolution (book) To get started with the Pose Method it is highly recommended to get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Running Revolution by Dr. Romanov, an essential guide for all runners seeking to go faster and farther without injury.
- Beginner’s Guide (video guide) This package was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
- Articles (library) Covering a wide range of topics, these short and easy to read articles will help you build the appropriate foundation.
- POSEtv (videos) A list of videos to get your started with the Pose Method.
This is a typical daily schedule of a standard 1-Day running clinic and 2-Day seminar. Times are subject to change, number of hours will remain the same. 1-Day running clinic is always held on 1st day of the weekend – Saturday. 2-Day Seminar runs on both days – Saturday and Sunday with mandatory attendance (for CEUs).
Daily Hours: 9 AM – 6 PM
Lunch Break: 12 Noon – 1 PM
Day 1 – Saturday
09:00-09:30 Introduction and historical foundation of running
09:30-10:00 Basic mechanics
10:00-10:30 Technique, teaching and drills introduction
10:30-11:00 Pre intervention video recording
11:00-12:00 First practical session, running specific strength exercises, corrective drills
12:00-01:00 Lunch break
01:00-02:00 Media timeout & video analysis introduction
02:00-02:30 Training and athletic footwear
02:30-05:00 Second practical session – Pose Method technique specific drills
05:00-06:00 Concepts, practical application and instruction discussion.
Day 2 – Sunday
09:00-09:30 Framework of teaching and instruction
09:30-10:30 Common running related injuries
10:30-10:45 Flexibility: purpose, proper instruction, and health benefits
10:45-11:15 Group & one-on-one instruction practice.
11:15-12:00 Third practical session, running specific strength exercises, corrective drills
12:00-01:00 Lunch break
01:00-02:00 Media timeout & post intervention video analysis
02:00-02:30 Self video analysis
02:30-03:30 Advanced topics in mechanics
03:30-05:00 Fourth practical session – advanced & corrective drills
05:00-06:00 Wrap-up: Q&A.
Continuing education hours may be claimed by attending our 2-day live seminar. Additionally, we now offer courses that provide an opportunity to earn continuing education hours online. Click here to learn more.
PHYSICAL THERAPISTS | APTA
This seminar is approved for 16 contact hours and meets the requirements of continuing education for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants in the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WY
If your state is not listed, please contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org. We provide assistance with submitting documents for course approval on individual basis.
CERTIFIED TRAINERS | CROSSFIT
Continuing education hours may be claimed under General Professional Development category (Continuing education seminars for healthcare providers). To claim 16 continuing education units please fill out the CEU Approval Request Form prior to or after attending our 2-day seminar.
ATHLETIC TRAINERS | BOC
Due to changes in BOC policy our seminars and online courses are currently not approved for continuing education credits. This section will be updated when further information becomes available.
For more information or if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
1-Day Clinics – Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Children age 12 and under participate FREE. Use code ‘MYKID’ to sign up your child.
2-Day Seminars – Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time.
- If you need to cancel please contact us at least 45 days before the scheduled event to receive a full refund
- The registration may also be transferred to the same seminar scheduled for another date and/or location per your written request.
- ‘No-shows’ – no refunds.
Last update: May 22, 2020