CrossFit Specialty Course: Pose Method
The CE courses listed under the CrossFit category are intended for CrossFit Coaches, athletes, CrossFit athletes, members and non members.
The Pose Method: A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
POSE METHOD® SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Live Seminar: 16 Contact Hours
This 2-day course is perfect for CrossFit coaches and athletes, but is also suitable for non CrossFit participants.
The course is designed to teach anyone how to use video analysis and running technique assessment to analyze running gait and movement pattern, identify deviations from the standard established by the Pose Method framework.
Speed, endurance and running related injury prevention will be extensively discussed during the course of 2 days. Participants will be introduced to a scientific concept for the foundation of better movement and will be taught how to use corrective technique drills and running specific strength exercises to improve their running technique, increase speed and develop endurance.
“CrossFit Pose Method Course with Dr Romanov was one of the best & most inspiring course I’ve ever did. Everything was clear and logical, very good materials to learn, great progression and huge knowledge. I also did CrossFit Endurance Course and the difference was big.”
– Sebastian Pietrowicz,
The Pose Method Trainer Course teaches participants:
- The fundamental principles of all human movement defined by the Pose Method system
- A clear framework for the running movement
- The invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Running specific strength conditioning
- How to teach running technique in individual and group settings, training sessions and in preparation for endurance events.
- How to use video analysis evaluation tool and provides clear guidelines for identifying technique errors
- How to address common injuries associated with poor running technique, as well as provides a conceptual foundation for understanding the cause of injuries
- How to work with athletes by evaluating their technique and providing drill instruction to improve their technique and speed
POSE METHOD® CERTIFICATION
Exam: offered online, should be taken within 30 days after attending live seminar.
Exam registration: $295
The Pose Concept provides something every coach needs: a universal standard for movement. For me, personally, the Pose Method for Running has been the most transferable way to teach bodyweight perception. As a CrossFit coach/gym owner, this is a game-changer especially when dealing with young athletes. If you are a CrossFit coach and aren’t teaching Pose Running, you are leaving major dots unconnected in your program. If you are coaching track, this is obviously even more critical.
– Chris Sinagoga,
Champions Club / CrossFit Athletic Group
PRs on any WODs that have a running component are yours for the taking! Running is not just about aerobic training. The musculoskeletal load from running is an essential component of training your body to adapt to external forces.
Learning the correct running Pose is just as important as having a stable position for an overhead squat. Being able to run well is essential to becoming a complete athlete.