Running Technique Specialist
The CE courses listed under the Health and Fitness category are intended for coaches, instructors, trainers.
The Pose Method: A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
POSE METHOD® SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Live Seminar: 16 Contact Hours
If coaching is your passion, don’t let ‘technique’ be a missing ingredient in the formula of your success. This 2-day course is designed to teach sports and health professionals the biomechanically correct running technique, and how to use video analysis and running technique assessment tools to analyze running gait and identify errors in movement patterns that produce inefficient technique and lead to overuse injuries.
During this immersive educational course participants will also learn how to use specific corrective technique drills and strength exercises to prevent running related injuries, significantly reduce eccentric knee loading, and improve pain and disability associated with the chronic exertional compartment syndrome.
Related scientific research and clinical studies will be presented and discussed.
I attended the Pose Method Course with Dr. Romanov in Miami and it was a phenomenal experience. I honestly don’t know how any human being could have covered as much information and simplified in a way that made it all digestible. It is a simple concept but with many nuances that make it difficult to explain and they did a great job.
The whole thing was fantastic. I would recommend to anyone that wants to learn more about running from the weekend runner to the physical therapist.
– Tim Bartleman,
Polk City, IA
This Pose Method® Seminar teaches participants::
- The fundamental principles of all human movement defined by the Pose Method system
- A clear framework for the running movement
- The invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Running specific strength conditioning
- How to teach running technique in individual and group settings, training sessions and in preparation for endurance events
- How to use video analysis evaluation tool and provides clear guidelines for identifying technique errors
- How to address common injuries associated with poor running technique, as well as provides a conceptual foundation for understanding the cause of injuries
- How to work with athletes by evaluating their technique and providing drill instruction to improve their technique and speed
If your clients are professional or recreational runners, or if they participate in an athletic activity that involves running (which would include the majority of athletic activities), then whether you’re a Physical Therapist, a Sports Doctor, an Athletic Trainer or a Coach – this Certification is for you.
Become a Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist. Teach your clients and athletes how to run and help them become faster and reduce injuries. Developed by an Olympic Coach, the Pose Method® of Running is currently the only method of teaching running technique with scientific and clinical evidence of reducing impact on knees by virtually 50% and dramatic reduction of pain and disability associated with the chronic compartment syndrome.
Published research and papers are listed here
Candidates must be 18 or older at the time of attending the course.
Required Study Material
To study and prepare for the RTS Certification all candidates must read and view the following material prior to attending the Clinic. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject.
- The Pose Method of Running (book) To get started with the Pose Method you must get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Pose Method® of Running written by Dr. Romanov.
- The Running Revolution (book) Written for runners, this book provides coaches with additional information on client training, creating training programs, structuring training sessions and classes.
- 12 Week Transition Program (Video Program) This transition program was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
The certification process was developed to ensure the candidates are properly prepared for the certification examination and are prepared for the ‘technique specialist’ designation.
Studying the required and additional material is your first step on the way to getting Pose Method® Certified. We have provided you with everything you will need to help you study for the Running Technique Specialist Certification Clinic and to take the Online Exam.
Attend a Clinic
Theory and practice come together at the Certification Clinic. You will put to practice the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained, study and perform video analysis, learn how to teach running technique to your clients, practice running drills and strength exercises.
Take the Exam
This online examination has been developed to assess whether an individual exhibits the competency of required knowledge and skills necessary to be designated as and awarded the title of the Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If you cancel 48 hours ahead of your scheduled course, a fee of $100.00 will be charged.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your schedule course, no refund fees will be provided.
- To transfer to the same course scheduled for another date and/or location please contact us as soon as possible.
- No shows – no refunds, no transfers after the course date.