Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses
The CE courses listed under the Physical Therapy category are intended for PTs and PTAs.
The Pose Method: A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
POSE METHOD® SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Live Seminar: 16 Contact Hours
This 2-day course is designed for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants to learn how to use video analysis and running technique assessment tools to analyze running gait, movement patterns and identify deviations from the standard established by the Pose Method framework.
Prevention of running related injuries, significant reduction in eccentric knee loading, and the necessity of improvement of running technique as well as its connection to a successful course of treatment will be discussed.
Participants will also learn how to use specific corrective technique drills and strength exercises to develop a clear and reliable course of action to improve pain and disability associated with the chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Related scientific research and clinical studies will be presented.
“The course was one of the best I’ve taken. Dr. Romanov is a genius and I think his teaching is so relevant to our profession. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all got a lot out of the class.”
– Jessica DePalma, DPT,
Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the movement patterns of a runner within the standardized framework of the Pose Method
- Address the pros and cons of different foot strikes in running and how they contribute and/or lead to performance deficiencies and/or injury
- Reason through and discuss the common issues with the terminology currently used among runners and how it leads to misunderstanding of sound mechanics in running.
- Assign and perform drills that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Demonstrate understanding of video analysis of running gait based on the standardized framework of the Pose Method ®, explain the importance of the dominant running position and design plan of care to correct errors in movement
- Work directly with patients to rehabilitate their current injury, decrease the injury potential and/or recurrence and work on consistently improving their performance.
“About one year ago, I could not run fifty yards without extreme IT Band Syndrome pain. Today, I am the USA Paratriathlon National Champion.”
– David Kyle,
Sr Associate Director of Health & Phys Ed
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Duration: 2 days (Saturday- Sunday)
Hours: 9AM – 6PM
Exam: offered online, must be taken within 30 days after attending live seminar.
This seminar is approved for 16 contact hours and/or meets the requirements of continuing education for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants. For a complete and up to date list of states please scroll down to look under CEU tab.
“The Pose Method has the potential to be used as a standard by which running performances can be evaluated, coached and enhanced. In twenty-five years of working with running athletes, I have yet to find a more meaningful resource.”
– Tom Whipple, PT, Penn State Sports Medicine,
author of The Endurance Paradox
Instructional methods will include lecture, video analysis tutelage, multimedia presentation, Q & A sessions throughout the course. The practical portion will include active participation for experiencing corrective drills and exercises, developing running skill and understanding of it, as well as demonstrating competence in course material. A printed multi-page handout will be provided as part of the course registration, options for obtaining further educational and training videos, DVDs, books, instructional booklets and continuing training will be discussed.
Interested in hosting this seminar? Click here.
ATTEND THIS SEMINAR
Candidates must be 18 or older at the time of attending the course.
Required Study Material
To study and prepare for the RTS Certification all candidates must read and view the following material prior to attending the Clinic. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject.
- The Pose Method of Running (book) To get started with the Pose Method you must get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Pose Method® of Running written by Dr. Romanov.
- The Running Revolution (book) Written for runners, this book provides coaches with additional information on client training, creating training programs, structuring training sessions and classes.
- 12 Week Transition Program (Video Program) This transition program was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
The certification process was developed to ensure the candidates are properly prepared for the certification examination and are prepared for the ‘technique specialist’ designation.
Studying the required and additional material is your first step on the way to getting Pose Method® Certified. We have provided you with everything you will need to help you study for the Running Technique Specialist Certification Clinic and to take the Online Exam.
Attend a Clinic
Theory and practice come together at the Certification Clinic. You will put to practice the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained, study and perform video analysis, learn how to teach running technique to your clients, practice running drills and strength exercises.
Take the Exam
This online examination has been developed to assess whether an individual exhibits the competency of required knowledge and skills necessary to be designated as and awarded the title of the Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If you cancel 48 hours ahead of your scheduled course, a fee of $100.00 will be charged.
- If you cancel within 48 hours of your schedule course, no refund fees will be provided.
- To transfer to the same course scheduled for another date and/or location please contact us as soon as possible.
- No shows – no refunds, no transfers after the course date.
This seminar is approved for 16 contact hours and/or meets the requirements of continuing education for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants in the following states: AK, AZ, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, ME, MI, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NY, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY