Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses
The CE courses listed under the Physical Therapy category are intended for PTs and PTAs.
The Pose Method: A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
POSE METHOD® SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Live Seminar: 16 Contact Hours
This 2-day course is designed for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants to learn how to use video analysis and running technique assessment tools to analyze running gait, movement patterns and identify deviations from the standard established by the Pose Method framework.
Prevention of running related injuries, significant reduction in eccentric knee loading, and the necessity of improvement of running technique as well as its connection to a successful course of treatment will be discussed.
Participants will also learn how to use specific corrective technique drills and strength exercises to develop a clear and reliable course of action to improve pain and disability associated with the chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Related scientific research and clinical studies will be presented.
“The course was one of the best I’ve taken. Dr. Romanov is a genius and I think his teaching is so relevant to our profession. I think I can speak for everyone when I say we all got a lot out of the class.”
– Jessica DePalma, DPT,
Ivy Rehab Physical Therapy
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the movement patterns of a runner within the standardized framework of the Pose Method
- Address the pros and cons of different foot strikes in running and how they contribute and/or lead to performance deficiencies and/or injury
- Reason through and discuss the common issues with the terminology currently used among runners and how it leads to misunderstanding of sound mechanics in running.
- Assign and perform drills that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Demonstrate understanding of video analysis of running gait based on the standardized framework of the Pose Method ®, explain the importance of the dominant running position and design plan of care to correct errors in movement
- Work directly with patients to rehabilitate their current injury, decrease the injury potential and/or recurrence and work on consistently improving their performance.
Duration: 2 days (Saturday- Sunday)
Hours: 9AM – 6PM
Exam: offered online, must be taken within 30 days after attending live seminar.
This seminar is approved for 16 contact hours and/or meets the requirements of continuing education for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants in the following states: CO, CT, FL, IL, IN, MO, NC, NJ, NY, PA, TN, UT, VA, WI
Instructional methods will include lecture, video analysis tutelage, multimedia presentation, Q & A sessions throughout the course. The practical portion will include active participation for experiencing corrective drills and exercises, developing running skill and understanding of it, as well as demonstrating competence in course material. A printed multi-page handout will be provided as part of the course registration, options for obtaining further educational and training videos, DVDs, books, instructional booklets and continuing training will be discussed.
Interested in hosting this seminar? Click here.
ATTEND THIS SEMINAR