The Pose Method has the potential to be used as a standard by which running performances can be evaluated, coached and enhanced. In twenty-five years of working with running athletes, I have yet to find a more meaningful resource.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the movement patterns of a runner within the standardized framework of the Pose Method
- Address the pros and cons of different foot strikes in running and how they contribute and/or lead to performance deficiencies and/or injury
- Reason through and discuss the common issues with the terminology currently used among runners and how it leads to misunderstanding of sound mechanics in running
- Assign and perform drills that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Demonstrate understanding of video analysis of running gait based on the standardized framework of the Pose Method ®, explain the importance of the dominant running position and design plan of care to correct errors in movement
- Work directly with patients to rehabilitate their current injury, decrease the injury potential and/or recurrence and work on consistently improving their performance.
About one year ago, I could not run fifty yards without extreme IT Band Syndrome pain. Today, I am the USA Paratriathlon National Champion.