Sports Technique Specialist Study Material
This study material is provided to help prepare candidates for the Certification Clinic and the Examination to obtain the title of the Pose Method® Certified Sports Technique Specialist.
To study and prepare for the STS Certification Clinic all candidates must read and view the following material prior to attending the Clinic. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject.
- Sports Technique (articles) A collection of articles on sports techniques and basics of human locomotion.
- Gravity & Movement (video) Gravity is a central component of why we are able to move on Earth. Without it, we would be suspended in space. The hierarchy of movement as expressed by Dr. Romanov highlights the importance of Gravity and how it interacts with other key elements.
- The Key Role of Perception (video) Perception is at the root of our skill development. It is essential to understand how to develop it and why.
- Flexibility Program (video program) Flexibility is as important for success in sports and for basic health reasons. Understanding of fundamental rules of flexibility, it’s correct use and place in training process, is paramount.
- Force and Strength (video) One of the core principles in Pose Method for you to understand is how the force of gravity facilitates our movement.
Articles and Videos
These articles and videos cover extensively the Pose Method and various training related topics.
How are We Able to Move?
Rest & Technique in Training
Technique: Flip the Pig
Hips & Other Joints
Theory and practice come together at the Certification Clinic. You will put to practice the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained.
Take the Exam
The final step in the process, the Exam is the test of your practical and theoretical knowledge and understanding of the Pose Method®.