Running Technique Specialist
The CE courses listed under the Health and Fitness category are intended for coaches, instructors, trainers.
The Pose Method: A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
POSE METHOD® SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION COURSE
Live Seminar: 16 Contact Hours
Candidates must be 18 or older at the time of attending the course.
Please Note: To maintain the high quality of instruction and to provide a good learning experience we maintain the ratio of 1:10 (Head Instructor : Participant). When there are assistant coaches attending, we will increase the number of available participant slots.
Required Study Material
To study and prepare for the RTS Certification all candidates must read and view the following material prior to attending the Clinic. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject.
- The Pose Method of Running (book) To get started with the Pose Method you must get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Pose Method® of Running written by Dr. Romanov.
- The Running Revolution (book) Written for runners, this book provides coaches with additional information on client training, creating training programs, structuring training sessions and classes.
- Beginner’s Guide (video) This transition program was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
- Articles (articles) Covering a wide range of topics, these short and easy to comprehend articles will help you build the appropriate foundation.
The certification process was developed to ensure the candidates are properly prepared for the certification examination and are prepared for the ‘technique specialist’ designation.
Studying the required and additional material is your first step on the way to getting Pose Method® Certified. We have provided you with everything you will need to help you study for the Running Technique Specialist Certification Clinic and to take the Online Exam.
Attend a Clinic
Theory and practice come together at the Certification Clinic. You will put to practice the theoretical knowledge you’ve gained, study and perform video analysis, learn how to teach running technique to your clients, practice running drills and strength exercises.
Take the Exam
This online examination has been developed to assess whether an individual exhibits the competency of required knowledge and skills necessary to be designated as and awarded the title of the Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cancellation and Refund Policy
We reserve the right to update this policy at any time and without notice. If you register prior to the update, the previous version of the policy will apply.
- If you need to cancel please contact us at least 45 days before the scheduled event to receive a full refund
- The registration may also be transferred to the same course scheduled for another date and/or location per request.
- Noshows – no refunds. However the registration may be transferred to another date/location per request.
Last update: February 19, 2019
ABOUT THIS SEMINAR
During this immersive educational course participants will also learn how to use specific corrective technique drills and strength exercises to prevent running related injuries, significantly reduce eccentric knee loading, and improve pain and disability associated with the chronic exertional compartment syndrome.
Related scientific research and clinical studies will be presented and discussed.
“I attended the Pose Method Course with Dr. Romanov in Miami and it was a phenomenal experience. I honestly don’t know how any human being could have covered as much information and simplified in a way that made it all digestible. It is a simple concept but with many nuances that make it difficult to explain and they did a great job.
The whole thing was fantastic. I would recommend to anyone that wants to learn more about running from the weekend runner to the physical therapist”.
– Tim Bartleman,
Polk City, IA
This Pose Method® Seminar teaches participants::
- The fundamental principles of all human movement defined by the Pose Method system
- A clear framework for the running movement
- The invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Running specific strength conditioning
- How to teach running technique in individual and group settings, training sessions and in preparation for endurance events
- How to use video analysis evaluation tool and provides clear guidelines for identifying technique errors
- How to address common injuries associated with poor running technique, as well as provides a conceptual foundation for understanding the cause of injuries
- How to work with athletes by evaluating their technique and providing drill instruction to improve their technique and speed
“The Pose Method of running has not only eliminated my injuries, it has been an integral part of continued improvement in my chosen sport. In fact at fifty-two years of age I’m still improving. A bonus of the Pose Method for me has been significant health and strength improvement.”
– Terry Roberts,
28 time Ironman finisher and Ironman Australia legend.
If your clients are professional or recreational runners, or if they participate in an athletic activity that involves running (which would include the majority of athletic activities), then whether you’re a Physical Therapist, a Sports Doctor, an Athletic Trainer or a Coach – this Certification is for you.
Become a Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist. Teach your clients and athletes how to run and help them become faster and reduce injuries. Developed by an Olympic Coach, the Pose Method® of Running is currently the only method of teaching running technique with scientific and clinical evidence of reducing impact on knees by virtually 50% and dramatic reduction of pain and disability associated with the chronic compartment syndrome.
Published research and papers are listed here
HOST THIS SEMINAR
One of the easiest ways to participate in our seminar is to host it! The requirements are simple and require virtually no effort on the part of the host.